Our Privacy Commitment
Your privacy is important and we are committed to the protection of the personal information we collect from you.
This policy explains how we use and protect the personal information that we collect and share. Its goal is transparency and assistance to you so that you have complete confidence in the integrity of your browsing experience.
What Kind Of Information We Collect
Personal Data You Give To Us
We collect and use information which you provide to us. When you click to book, you are (as a minimum) asked for your name and email address. Depending on your booking, we may also ask for your home address, telephone number, payment information, date of birth, the names of any guests travelling with you and any preferences (such as meal preferences and any mobility restrictions).
There are also other instances where you’ll provide us with information. For example:-
- Communicating with our customer service team.
- Opening a member account, which allows you to access exclusive member rates, save your personal settings, searches, wish-lists and manage your email subscriptions.
- Participating in referral programs or other marketing campaigns, will likely require you to provide us with personal data.
Information About Others
If you make a booking for someone else through this site, you may submit that individual’s personal information. However, it’s your responsibility to ensure that the person or people you have provided personal data about are aware that you’ve done so, and have understood and accepted how we use their information (as described in this privacy statement)
Automatic Collection Of Other Information
We automatically collect some information from your computer or Device when you visit our websites or apps. This happens even if you don’t make a booking. This includes your IP address, the date and time you accessed our services, the hardware, software or internet browser you use and information about your computer’s operating system, and locale\language settings. We also collect information about clicks and which pages have been shown to you. When you make a booking, our system registers through which means and from which website you have made your booking.
For mobile device users, we also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics, application performance and other system activity.
Information From Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources. These include business partners, such as affiliate partners, and other independent third parties, and anything we get from them may be combined with information provided by you. When you use some of these, you provide the booking details to our business partner, who then forward your details to us.
Hotels and their appointed third-parties may share information about you with us too. This may happen if you have support questions about your pending booking, or when disputes arise about your booking.
If you make a travel booking with a hotel directly, powered by the booking engine, we will collect payment information from you, including your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code, and billing address. We will securely store (in a certified PCI-DSS environment) and transmit this information to the supplier of the travel booking to complete the transaction. Please note that the supplier processes your payment, not us. You agree to review and be bound by the supplier’s policies and procedures before making a booking through this site.
Location Information And Other Information From Devices
We may collect information about your location if you have instructed your Device to send such information to the application via the privacy settings on that Device. When you use an App on a Device, we will collect and use information about you, including location information, in generally similar ways and for similar purposes as when you use this site.
You can change the privacy settings of your Device to turn off the functionality to share location information. Please note the turning of location sharing may affect certain features of our App.
How We Use Your Information
General Purpose And Legal Basis
We use the information collected about you for the following general purposes:
- For registration and to manage your account;
- To communicate with you in general, including to provide information about us;
- To facilitate your booking of hotel reservations;
- To respond to your questions and comments;
- To measure interest in and improve our products, services, and this Website;
- To engage in direct marketing or notify you about special offers and products or services available from us or our partners that may be of interest to you in accordance with your marking preference;
- To otherwise customise your experience with us, including customising the ads shown to you on other websites;
- To solicit information from you, including through surveys;
- To resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems;
- To prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection
To use your personal data as described above, we rely on the following legal bases
- Performance of a contract: the use of your information may be necessary to perform the contract that you initiated with us. For example, if you use our services to make an online booking, we will use your information to carry out our obligation to complete and administer that booking.
- Legitimate interests: we may use your information for our legitimate interests, such as to provide you with the best suitable content of the website, emails and newsletters, to improve and promote our products and services and the content on our website, and for administrative, fraud detection and legal purposes including disputes between our commercial partners.
Share Your Data With a Third Party
We may share your information with the following entities:
- Suppliers, including but not limited to hotels or other third-party agents whom fulfil your booking. Throughout this site and its affiliated sites, all products and services provided by third-party suppliers are described as such. Information that we share with suppliers to facilitate booking will be treated according to applicable suppliers’ privacy policies, except for payment information. We share payment information only when it is necessary for travel booking facilitated through or made on this site, and we restrict suppliers’ use of payment information for these purposes.
- Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys, and fraud prevention. We may also authorise third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our Website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions.
- Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners and they may engage in direct marketing to you.
- Affiliated Websites: If you were referred to this Website from another website, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to this site.
- Your local office: In order to support the use of our services, your details may be shared with subsidiaries and related entities of the corporate group which act as service providers for us, including in relation to customer support services
We also may share your information if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary:
- to comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
Protection Of Your Information
How Long We Keep Your Information For
We may retain certain information associated with your account in our archives, including for analytical purposes as well as for record keeping integrity. The periods for which we retain your information depend on the purpose for which we collected it and we use it.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. We may retain some information for a period of time after you have concluded your contract with us or requested information erasure, if this is necessary to meet our legal obligations or to exercise, defend or establish legal rights.
How Can You Control The Information You Have Given To Us
Your rights and choices with respect to the collection and use of your information:
- You can choose not to provide us with your personal information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on this site.
- You have the right to ask us what personal information we hold about you.
- We welcome updates to your personal information so that it is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. You can review, add or update the information you have provided to us by visiting your Profile page on our Website. This feature is only available if you have created an account.
- You also can add or update information and close your account as described above. If you decide to close your account, we will deactivate your account and remove your profile information.
- You can erase your information by contacting us.
- We will send you an email to confirm your request. Please note that after you erase your information, you will not be able to sign in or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time.
- When you register as a member of this site, you will have the opportunity to provide us with your marketing preferences, and will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email marketing messages from us. As a registered member, you can modify your choices at any time through the Email Settings of your Profile page.
- Whether registered as a member or not, you also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages in any such email we send.
Please note that we may send you other communications, including service announcements, and administrative messages relating to your account.
How We Protect Your Information
We observe reasonable procedures to prevent unauthorised access to, and the misuse of, personal data.
We use appropriate technology and audit procedures to protect and safeguard the personal data you give us. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented and maintain appropriate physical, administrative, technical, and organisational measures to protect the personal information you provide us against unauthorised or unlawful access, interference, modification, use or disclosure, and against accidental loss, damage, alteration or destruction.
Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share sensitive information, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to your information.
No one under the age of 18 may use these Services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18, and will delete any that we learn we have collected or received that was not provided by, or with express consent on behalf of, the child’s parent or legal guardian.
We are obliged to inform you about International transfers. At all times we take great care to conduct due-diligence of our professional sub-contractors, enact proper information and audit controls, and protect your personal data. After all – it is our reputation that you place your confidence in.
Your information will be stored and processed by our servers which may be located outside of the country or region that you reside in and outside of any multinational union (including the European Economic area). In addition, some of the third-party companies, agents, and contractors that we engage to perform services on our behalf may need to receive and or transfer your personal information, internationally, in order to provide their services.
We certify that all payment information is ALWAYS stored in a PCI-DSS compliant technology environment that is externally audited, and NOT released to any other party apart from the accommodation operator that you have a contract with.
Additional Disclosures for Consumers
- Identifiers such as contact information, name, email, IP address, or payment information
- Commercial information such as transaction history
- Device, usage and internet or other electronic network activity information such as information about your device type, browser settings or interactions with our sites
- Geolocation data, where legally permitted
- Audio recordings such as when you contact our customer service team
- Inferences about your preferences and interests from data we collect in order to provide and personalise our services and tailor the offers we and our partners provide to you
- Commercial information
- Internet activity
- Geolocation data, where legally permitted
We also disclose certain personal information for “business purposes,” such as disclosures to service providers who assist us with securing our Services or delivering marketing messages and advertisements. We disclose the following types of personal information for our business purposes:
- Commercial information
- Internet activity
- Geolocation data, where legally permitted
- Audio recordings
Regional law grants certain rights to our consumers. These include the rights to:
- Access specific pieces of personal information
- Learn about how we process and share personal information
- Request deletion of personal information
- Opt out of “sales,” as that term is defined under California law
- Not to be denied goods or services for exercising these rights
If you are an authorised agent wishing to exercise rights on behalf of a California consumer, please contact us using our feedback form along with a copy of the consumer’s written authorisation designating you as their agent.
Please note that we may need to verify your identity before completing your rights request.
In this policy ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refers to any website, or application (including mobile) that is owned or operated by Flight & Hotels (LTD 09565202), a company incorporated in the United Kingdom, acting as either Agent, or Principal, or under Authority on behalf of another party, as the case may be.
This policy was last updated on 20th October 2020